Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Thought of the day.

Torture!!! I worked all day long. No kidding. I just got home and now i have to finish up my homework. MADNESS!!!. Anyways I did learn something new today. Better yet I discovered something I already knew. Well I had a long conversation with a friend and we spoke about how you should never compromise your creative nature just to fit in or get ahead. As an artist, it is sometimes easier to follow techniques that have already been proven...BUT.. anybody can learn techniques. I mean anybody. for example., In film anyone can learn how to act, shoot (use a camera), make props, light a set, etc....but is it fair to myself to reach out and grab someone else's ideas and create a movie with it, just because I know the techniques to do it? QUESTION!!My creative nature will drive me towards shooting a movie that comes from within me, something biographical, something that I fully understand! If a painter wants to be the next Picasso he has to learn the basic techniques and then create his own identity on his canvas. If he doesn't follow his creative ingenuity he will forever be someone that only knows technique. THOUGHT OF THE DAY: Don't just do., see yourself in what you do.

No comments: